The DNA/RNA Delivery Core is directed by Irina V. Budunova, MD, PhD, and co-directed by Associate Core Director, Alexander Y. Yemelyanov, MD, PhD with Advisor Eric L. Weiss, PhD. The major objective of the DNA/RNA Delivery Core is to support SDRC researchers and P&F projects through the provision of innovative viral technologies for in vitro and in vivo applications, including the expansion of expression vector and viral stock libraries, and individual training for users.
- Provide lentiviral and retroviral systems
- Produce lentiviral and retroviral stocks
- Generate stably infected cell cultures of primary keratinocytes, keratinocyte and other epithelial cell lines
- Provide consultation and training related to the generation of stably infected cell cultures in the experimental application of lenti and retroviruses
- Offer a variety of lentiviral expression vectors through our Lentivirus Vector Library
- Offer Transient Transfections of Cells in Culture, including Primary Keratinocytes, by Electroporation utilizing the LONZA device
- Consult and assist with cloning of cDNA/RNA into viral expression vectors
Irina V. Budunova, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Dermatology and Urology
Alexander Y. Yemelyanov, MD, PhD
Associate Core Director
Research Assistant Professor of Medicine, Pulmonary Division
We welcome your interest in our core. Please contact Research Associate Pankaj Bhalla, PhD, for more information.
Pankaj Bhalla, PhD